Information on the Covid-19 situation
– Haugesund Cargo Terminals remains fully operational
The Covid-19 situation leads to demanding days for all of us. However, in this new situation, Port of Karmsund and Haugesund Stevedoring both have a high focus on maintaining normal operations.
We want to assure all our customers that Haugesund Cargo Terminals will maintain normal capacity and activity levels, even during this demanding period.
We have introduced new, Covid-19 specific instructions for all cargo handling companies at Haugesund Cargo Terminals, Husøy. Our customers can experience this in the following ways:
• Our employees do not greet anyone with handshake.
• Our staff are required to have a minumum contact with any persons, including vessels crew. In events of exeptional contact, the minimum requirement is 5m distance
• Our employees in the harbor do not receive papers or other documentation from the ship, all documentation must be sent electronically (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• A minimum of direct physical contact with surfaces on board, and use gloves etc which are handled according to HS’s descriptions• Follows strict procedures for disinfection and hand washing after work on board
Haugesund Stevedoring, together with the Port of Karmsund, has prepared contingency plans for this situation, which includes all functions and services we provide. Including subcontractors, we have 150 competent persons, within crane operators, loading and unloading, truck drivers, flagmen, foremen and other personnel needed to carry out extensive cargo operations. This allows us to guarantee delivery security and uptime at the terminal.
We also have the opportunity to increase the capacity of the terminal should any of our customers receive extraordinary needs during a demanding time. Contact us and we will find solutions.
For more information: read more
Claudia Moya-Lie Tore Gautesen
Managing Director Port Director/CEO
Haugesund Stevedoring Port of Karmsund